Taking it one day at a time...
~SMB
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
January 19, 2011 - Day 11 of 365
It's another get to know me day. On December 17, 2008 I had a corneal transplant in my right eye. 2+ years later, I am still in varying stages of transplant rejection, and the disease I have will be one I battle all my life, but I sometimes think of the person that died and left a piece of their eye for me.
In all the doctor visits, all the medical bills, and all the pain - I still have life, and most of my vision. I know it may seem extreme to compare life to vision, but sometimes we have to be grateful for the little things.
Labels:
corneal transplant,
Day 11,
eyes,
photo a day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keepin it real shauna b. appreciate the thoughts.
ReplyDelete